Straightforward Baked Strawberry Donuts. Introducing a scrumptious new deal with that’ll put your stunning contemporary strawberries to make use of: strawberry donuts! These shiny, berry-packed beauties boast BIG strawberry taste, crisp edges with fluffy facilities, and a glaze so good you’ll wish to lick the bowl clear. They’re vegan + gluten-free, however no person will comprehend it!
Simply 10 components and half-hour required! What are you ready for?! Seize your strawberries and let’s make donuts!
These baked strawberry donuts start with a vibrant strawberry purée made by mixing up contemporary strawberries. It goes in each the donut batter and the glaze for BIG strawberry taste!
For the batter, strawberry purée combines with avocado oil, cane sugar, and vanilla, preserving the moist components impartial in taste to let the strawberries shine!
The gluten-free flour combo for these donuts consists of almond flour, potato starch, and arrowroot starch. This trio makes the donuts gentle, ethereal, and slightly cakey, and naturally we depend on some assist from baking powder to get them to rise and salt so as to add taste.
Then we make the glaze! Contemporary strawberry purée, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt mix for a vibrant pink glaze that’s slightly tart, completely candy, and makes you wish to face-plant into the bowl.
You may regulate the quantity of powdered sugar to your choice, with a much less sugary glaze boasting larger strawberry taste and coloration and a glaze with extra sugar being sweeter and extra steady.
Take a look at these BEAUTIES! 🤩 You understand you need them.
We hope you LOVE these strawberry donuts! They’re:
Barely crisp on the perimeters
Fluffy within the facilities
& SO scrumptious!
These vibrant donuts are the proper deal with for strawberry season, spring and summer time internet hosting, weekend enjoyable, and past! Seize a glass of dairy-free milk and it’s donut time!
Extra Vegan + Gluten-Free Donut Recipes
Should you do that recipe, tell us! Go away a remark, price it, and don’t overlook to tag a photograph @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, pals!
Servings 12 (Donuts)
- 2 ⅓ cups contemporary strawberries*, hulled and quartered (for glaze and donuts // 2 ⅓ cups strawberries yield ~1 ¼ cup purée or 300 ml // ~1 cup or 240 ml purée for donuts and ~3 Tbsp or 45 ml for icing)
- 1 cup strawberry purée
- 2/3 cup cane sugar* (guarantee natural for vegan-friendly)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or sub melted refined coconut oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour (we like Wellbee’s)
- 2/3 cup potato starch (NOT potato flour)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1-1 ¼ cup powdered sugar (guarantee natural for vegan-friendly)
- 3 Tbsp strawberry purée
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
Preheat your oven to 350 levels F (176 C) and generously grease your donut pan with avocado oil or refined coconut oil.
STRAWBERRY PURÉE: To make the strawberry purée, add strawberries to a high-speed blender and mix till tremendous easy, about 1 minute. 2 ⅓ cups contemporary strawberries ought to make about 1 ¼ cups of strawberry purée. Put aside.
- DONUTS: To a medium mixing bowl, add 1 cup of strawberry purée (regulate quantity if altering batch dimension), cane sugar, avocado oil (or melted coconut oil), and vanilla extract. Whisk till easy and absolutely integrated. Subsequent add almond flour, potato starch, arrowroot starch, baking powder, and sea salt. Whisk till mixed with no flour streaks remaining.
- Spoon the batter into your ready donut pan, dividing it between 12 donuts. It’s also possible to bake in batches in case your donut pan solely has six donut rings. Clean the tops and bake for 20-22 minutes till the perimeters are golden and the donuts spring again when flippantly pressed.
- Let the donuts cool within the pan for 10 minutes earlier than eradicating and turning out onto a cooling rack to let cool fully.
- GLAZE: In the meantime, to a small bowl, add the lesser quantity of powdered sugar, 3 Tbsp of the strawberry purée (regulate quantity if altering batch dimension), vanilla extract, and sea salt. Whisk properly to mix. If the combination is just too skinny, add powdered sugar 1 Tbsp at a time till a thick but pourable consistency is achieved. You need to have the ability to dip the donuts within the glaze and have it drip down the perimeters simply barely.
- As soon as the donuts are absolutely cool, dip every one into the glaze, coating the highest 1/3 of the donut, then flip and place them onto the cooling rack to set. Take pleasure in whereas the glaze continues to be drippy or wait 10-Quarter-hour for it to set! Finest when loved the day of, however might be saved in an hermetic container for as much as 2-3 days or frozen for as much as 1 month.
*We don’t suggest coconut sugar on this recipe. It might seemingly make a extra crumbly donut and overpower the flavour and coloration of the strawberries.
*Impressed by our Vegan Strawberry Cake (GF).
*Vitamin data is a tough estimate calculated with the lesser quantity of powdered sugar within the glaze.
Serving: 1 donut with glaze Energy: 279 Carbohydrates: 37.3 g Protein: 4.1 g Fats: 14 g Saturated Fats: 1.2 g Polyunsaturated Fats: 2.9 g Monounsaturated Fats: 9.2 g Trans Fats: 0 g Ldl cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 139 mg Potassium: 191 mg Fiber: 2.7 g Sugar: 23.4 g Vitamin A: 0 IU Vitamin C: 19 mg Calcium: 98 mg Iron: 0 mg