Get pleasure from 2 soft-baked cookies in 1 with each chew of those thick peanut butter chocolate swirl cookies. A swirly batch consists of the best dessert taste duo on the market: peanut butter and chocolate. Shaping the dough is tremendous easy, and don’t overlook all of the chocolate chips!
It doesn’t get a lot better than this:
Whereas the likes of apple pie, carrot cake, and oatmeal raisin cookies will at all times be my favourite desserts, there’s no hiding my adoration for peanut butter and chocolate combo. And I do know many expensive readers share that love! These no-bake peanut butter bars are a fast and simple year-round favourite, and this towering chocolate peanut butter cake is a well-liked showstopper.
So when it got here to creating a top-notch peanut butter and chocolate cookie mixture, I turned to 2 of my perfect recipes: comfortable and thick peanut butter cookies and double chocolate chip cookies. And when mixed, they’re completely epic.
I initially revealed this recipe again in 2013, and I haven’t modified the recipe in any respect. You simply don’t mess with perfection. 😉
Why Everybody Loves Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies
At present’s 2-for-1 combo cookies have been a favourite since day 1. Each time I serve them, tasters flock to the cookie tray. Right here’s why:
- The cookies have soft-baked, extra-thick facilities with barely crisp edges.
- They’re ginormous and loaded with chocolate chips.
- Eye-popping, mesmerizing swirls!
- You possibly can have 2 cookies on the identical time. Who doesn’t need that?!
Mix 2 Stellar Cookie Recipes
Sure, you’re making 2 cookie doughs right now. I promise each are very straightforward!
In case you’ve been visiting my web site over time, chances are high you’ve tried each cookie doughs earlier than; I take advantage of them everywhere in the web site. In case you haven’t had an opportunity to strive them, let me make a fast introduction.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
These comfortable and thick peanut butter cookies are my flagship peanut butter cookies, serving as the bottom recipe for six+ different cookie recipes on my website. They’re PACKED with peanut butter taste and never dry/crumbly like related recipes could be. It’s the identical dough I take advantage of in peanut butter blossoms and these peanut butter jam thumbprints. Let me simply say: this recipe has the hearts of peanut butter lovers in every single place. Many readers say they style like the within of a peanut butter cup!
Chocolate Cookie Dough
Then comes my go-to chocolate cookie dough. My recipe for double chocolate chip cookies additionally makes appearances as inside-out chocolate chip cookies, chocolate crinkle cookies, and salted caramel darkish chocolate cookies. In relation to Christmas cookies, I take advantage of it for peppermint mocha cookies, Andes mint chocolate cookies, and peppermint frosted cookies. That is one versatile cookie dough!
Naturally, I knew it could be the right chocolatey half of those cookies, too. It’s soft-baked, chewy, and oh-so-fudgy.
Key Components in Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies
For each cookie doughs, you want the same old lineup of cookie elements. Pay particular consideration, although, to those 2:
- Peanut Butter: For the peanut butter dough, I like to recommend utilizing creamy processed peanut butter, like Jif or Skippy. Whether or not you’re making these cookies, peanut butter snickerdoodles, or actually any peanut butter-based cookies, processed creamy peanut butter provides you with the most effective style and soft-baked texture.
- Unsweetened Pure Cocoa Powder: Do you know that not all cocoa powders work the identical in baking recipes? And most of it relies on the leavening brokers. In case you’re within the science behind it, I’m going into loads of element in my publish on the distinction between Dutch-process and pure cocoa powder. Since you’re utilizing baking soda within the chocolate cookie dough, attain for unsweetened pure cocoa powder. In case you’re in search of methods to make use of up a jar of Dutch-process cocoa, strive my chocolate buttercream or these selfmade brownies (there’s no leavening in both).
Swirling the Dough
Transferring on to these fairly cookie swirls! The meeting course of is definitely fairly easy:
- Take 2 Tablespoons of chilled peanut butter cookie dough and roll right into a ball.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of chilled chocolate cookie dough and roll right into a ball.
- Take each the peanut butter and chocolate cookie dough balls, and gently press them collectively. Utilizing your arms, roll them into 1 giant cookie dough ball. (They are going to be large—about 1/4 cup of cookie dough per cookie.)
That’s it! Even simpler than my peanut butter-filled brownie cookies… which you completely should strive someday.
The cookies will look very comfortable after they come out of the oven, however they set as they cool. Whereas they’re nonetheless heat, be at liberty to prime with a couple of additional chocolate chips like I do with my chocolate chip cookies. That is optionally available and purely for seems!
Success Tip: Chill Your Cookie Doughs
Chilling each cookie doughs within the fridge is necessary for this recipe. It’s certainly one of my prime suggestions for how you can forestall cookies from overspreading. In case you skip the chilling, you’ll lose that fairly swirled dough and find yourself with peanut butter chocolate cookie puddles. I like to recommend chilling the dough within the overwhelming majority of my cookie recipes.
To not point out, dough that has not been chilled will make fairly the mess in your arms in the course of the swirling course of! I’m not saying your arms received’t get coated in any dough, however the dough is far simpler to deal with when chilly.
Extra Peanut Butter Chocolate Recipes
Tender-Baked Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies
Prep Time: 3 hours, half-hour (consists of chilling)
Cook dinner Time: 14 minutes
Whole Time: 3 hours, 45 minutes
Yield: 24 cookies
Get pleasure from two soft-baked cookies in a single with each chew of those thick peanut butter chocolate swirl cookies. Make sure to chill each cookie doughs, so the doughs are simpler to form, and the cookies don’t overspread.
Chocolate Cookie Dough
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- Make the chocolate cookie dough: Cream the butter and sugars along with a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high velocity till gentle and fluffy, about 2–3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract, after which beat on excessive velocity till mixed. Scrape down the perimeters and up the underside of the bowl as wanted. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt collectively. With the mixer working on low velocity, slowly pour into the moist elements. Beat on low till mixed. Swap to excessive velocity and beat within the milk, then the chocolate chips. The cookie dough will probably be sticky and cheesy.
- Make the peanut butter dough: Cream the butter and sugars along with a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium-high velocity till gentle and fluffy, about 2–3 minutes. Add the egg and beat on excessive velocity till mixed. Scrape down the perimeters and up the underside of the bowl as wanted. Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract and beat till mixed. With the mixer working on low velocity, slowly add the flour, baking soda, and salt. As soon as mixed, beat within the chocolate chips.
- Cowl each cookie doughs tightly and chill within the fridge for at the least 3 hours or as much as 3 days. It’s crucial that each doughs are chilled, in any other case the doughs will probably be troublesome to work with, and the cookies will overspread.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line giant baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (At all times really useful for cookies.) Put aside.
- Measure about 2 Tablespoons (40g)—or rather less, as a result of the recipe makes *barely* extra peanut butter dough—of chocolate cookie dough. Roll right into a ball. Measure about 2 Tablespoons (40g) of peanut butter cookie dough. Roll right into a ball. Press the two balls collectively between your arms and roll them into 1 giant ball. Repeat for every cookie. The chocolate cookie dough is especially sticky, so wipe your arms clear after each few balls of dough you form.
- Bake the cookies for 12–14 minutes or till the perimeters seem set and the facilities nonetheless look comfortable. Tip: In the event that they aren’t actually spreading by minute 9, take away them from the oven and frivolously bang the baking sheet on the counter 2–3x. This helps provoke that unfold. Return to the oven to proceed baking.
- Cool cookies for five minutes on the baking sheet. Throughout this time, I prefer to press a couple of extra chocolate chips into the tops of the nice and cozy cookies. (That is optionally available and just for seems.) Switch to wire rack to chill fully. The cookies will barely deflate as they cool.
- Cowl leftover cookies tightly and retailer at room temperature for as much as 1 week.
Key phrases: peanut butter chocolate swirl cookies