These peanut butter banana muffins style like a deal with. However, they’re made with entire wheat flour, Greek yogurt, and naturally candy honey and bananas. Including mini chocolate chips and drizzling with melted peanut butter is optionally available, however positively really helpful!
I’m bringing again a favourite that I initially printed in 2013! Onerous to consider these muffins have been a repeated staple in my kitchen for thus lengthy. I now exclude the added brown sugar and sweeten them completely with honey, which improves the style and means there isn’t any added refined sugar. Aside from these chocolate chips… a necessity!
One reader, Sam, commented: “These muffins had been DELICIOUS and SO EASY to make! I had all of the components already in my kitchen! They had been so heat and greatest eaten proper once you take them out of the oven! I melted peanut butter with some honey for added sweetness so as to add on high of the muffins! Everybody in my home beloved them. ★★★★★“
Why You’ll Love These More healthy Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Produced from fundamental components
- Tremendous moist with a great deal of peanut butter taste
- Fast and straightforward, similar to common banana muffins
- Dietary enhance from entire wheat flour and Greek yogurt
- Naturally sweetened with bananas and honey
- Like banana bread, they’re a scrumptious means to make use of up your spotty bananas
Elements You Want & Why
- Bananas: Bananas naturally sweeten the muffins. Ensure you’re utilizing super-brown-speckled bananas—the riper, the higher. Similar goes for normal banana muffins. You need to use thawed frozen bananas on this recipe—examine the right way to freeze and thaw bananas for baking.
- Honey: I really like honey and peanut butter collectively, and attempt to mix the 2 as usually as attainable. Be at liberty to swap maple syrup or agave as a substitute. Utilizing liquid sweetener, versus dry like granulated or brown sugar, additionally retains the muffins further moist and tender.
- Greek yogurt: I really like so as to add protein-packed Greek yogurt to muffin recipes, like as we speak’s recipe and these banana blueberry muffins. It provides them a comfortable inside with out all of the fats from butter.
- Coconut Oil: Only a smidge! The muffins style just a little rubbery with out *some* oil.
- Egg: An egg helps to bind the components collectively. (Plus provides just a little extra protein!)
- Almond milk: Or any sort of milk, dairy or nondairy, you like.
- Creamy peanut butter: You need to use pure (with the oil stirred in) or processed peanut butter in these muffins. However, persist with the sleek creamy sort. Crunchy peanut butter makes for crumbly baked items.
- Cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt, baking powder, & baking soda: Taste and rising necessities.
- Entire wheat flour: I like to make use of entire wheat flour once I can, significantly once I make more healthy variations of my favourite treats, like this entire wheat banana bread. These muffins can be made with all-purpose flour, or a mixture of each. I normally make them with a mixture of each, as pictured.
- Chocolate chips: Non-compulsory, however really helpful!
Utilizing Entire Wheat Flour As a substitute of All-Goal
Entire wheat flour has an enormous dietary benefit over refined white flour—it’s richer in protein, fiber, and minerals. It’s additionally heavier and heartier than white flour, so it really works particularly properly in muffin recipes, which naturally have a denser texture than cake—take these morning glory muffins, bran muffins, or these applesauce muffins, for instance.
Entire wheat flour absorbs loads of liquid, so it may well dry out your baked items. However on this recipe we’re canceling that out with the tremendous moist content material of the mashed banana.
How you can Mash Bananas
I began doing this some time in the past and it’s been a complete sport changer every time I make banana muffins, breakfast cookies, or banana bread. Simply use your mixer to mash bananas! Peel and break the bananas into chunks, place in your mixer, and beat till mashed. Beat the remainder of the moist components proper into this bowl, then beat within the dry components. Really easy.
In case you’d reasonably not use the mixer (it actually isn’t vital for this recipe), simply mash the bananas in an enormous bowl with a fork or perhaps a potato masher. You want 1 cup (230g) of mashed banana, which is about 3 medium or 2 massive ripe bananas.
How you can Make Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
The method is very easy. Whisk the moist components and dry components collectively in separate bowls, then mix all of it. Fold within the chocolate chips, if utilizing. The batter is fairly thick.
Success Tip: Once you fill your muffin liners, ensure you fill the cups till virtually full. They gained’t overflow (like when you overfill the liners for vanilla cupcakes), since you’ll bake them at two completely different temperatures. That is my high-temperature trick for sky-scraping muffin tops.
Begin baking the muffins in an extra-hot oven; the preliminary burst of excessive warmth raises the muffin tops straight up. After 5 minutes, cut back the oven temperature to prepare dinner the facilities of the muffins for the remaining bake time. It’s such a easy trick that produces stunning, bakery-display-case-worthy muffins.
You’re simply going to like these muffins. They’re PACKED with taste, moisture, and heat. Evenly sweetened, cinnamon-spiced, and sufficient peanut butter taste to make a peanut butter cup jealous.
Are These Peanut Butter Banana Muffins Wholesome?
I’d say these are a healthy-ish deal with. Like my banana chocolate chip breakfast cookies or these peanut buttery no-bake chocolate fudge oat bars, they’re made with some more healthy alternate options to conventional baking components, however nonetheless embrace sugar. On the subject of labeling recipes as wholesome, use the very best judgment for YOU.
clock iconcutlery iconflag iconfolder iconinstagram iconpinterest iconfb iconprint iconsquares iconcoronary heart iconcoronary heart strong icon
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Prep Time: quarter-hour
Prepare dinner Time: 20 minutes
Whole Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
These peanut butter banana muffins style like a deal with, however they’re made with entire wheat flour, Greek yogurt, and naturally candy honey and bananas. Including mini chocolate chips and drizzling with melted peanut butter is optionally available, however positively really helpful!
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners. Put aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt collectively. Put aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mashed bananas, honey, yogurt, coconut oil, egg, and milk collectively till mixed. Then whisk within the peanut butter and vanilla extract till easy.
- Pour the moist components into the dry components and stir gently till simply mixed—you can begin with a whisk after which swap to a spatula as soon as it turns into too thick to whisk. Strive to not over-stir the muffin batter or your muffins could have a tricky (not comfortable) texture. Fold within the mini chocolate chips (if utilizing). The batter might be thick.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them to the highest. Bake for five minutes at 425°F, then, retaining the muffins within the oven, cut back the oven temperature to 350°F (177°C). Bake for an extra quarter-hour or till a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear. The whole time these muffins take within the oven is about 20 minutes, give or take. Enable the muffins to chill for five minutes within the muffin pan, after which switch to a wire rack to proceed cooling.
- Drizzle muffins with melted peanut butter, if desired.
- Muffins keep contemporary coated at room temperature for just a few days, then switch to the fridge for as much as 1 week.
- Freezing Directions: Freeze baked & cooled muffins for as much as 3 months. Thaw within the fridge or at room temperature earlier than having fun with. Heat up within the microwave if desired.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): 12-Depend Muffin Pan | Cupcake Liners | Glass Mixing Bowls | Electrical Mixer (Handheld or Stand Mixer)
- Yogurt: You need to use nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt, Greek or common. You too can use bitter cream.
- Milk: You need to use any milk, dairy or nondairy.
- For a jumbo muffin pan: 425°F for five minutes, then cut back to 350°F for 22–25 minutes for a complete of 27–half-hour. Makes about 6. For mini muffins: 350°F (entire time) for 12–14 minutes. Makes about 36–40.
- Serving Measurement: 1 muffin
- Energy: 225
- Sugar: 16.2 g
- Sodium: 214.7 mg
- Fats: 9.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.9 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 6.3 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 15.9 mg
Key phrases: peanut butter banana muffins