This web site could include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Palmiers, or “palm timber” in French, are a pleasant pastry formed like a palm leaf. With a buttery, flaky texture that’s inconceivable to withstand, get pleasure from one contemporary out of the oven and put together to be amazed.
French baked items are literally the most effective. Should you’re up for the problem, strive making some contemporary and scrumptious macarons or kouign amann subsequent!
Palmiers go by a number of completely different names. Palm hearts, pigs ears, or elephant ears! It doesn’t matter what you name them, these heart-shaped pastries are certain to win you over. They’re additionally a breeze to make, requiring only a single sheet of puff pastry, granulated sugar, and a sprinkling of coarse sugar. Actually, is there something higher than a easy dessert?
Simply wait till you see these come out of the oven, although. They’re mild, flaky and great, with a beautiful coating of caramelized sugar on prime. One chew and also you’ll be hooked! Palmiers: the pastries which can be straightforward to make, however inconceivable to withstand.
Sure, you learn that proper. It solely takes 3 elements to whip up these flaky delights! Subsequent time you’re on the retailer, choose up a pack of refrigerated puff pastry sheets! You received’t remorse it.
- Sheet of Puff Pastry: The star of our present! Puff pastry dough is the inspiration of our palmiers. Made with layers upon layers of buttery goodness, it’s what offers these treats their irresistible texture. Because it bakes, the layers puff up, creating a light-weight and ethereal pastry that virtually melts in your mouth.
- Granulated Sugar: The granulated sugar performs a vital position in reworking our palmiers into candy delights. Throughout baking, the granulated sugar caramelizes, creating a fragile and barely crunchy crust.
- Coarse Sugar: Coarse sugar provides that further aspect of texture and sparkle to the palmiers. These bigger sugar crystals don’t totally dissolve throughout baking, forsaking pockets of candy shock.
Learn how to Make Palmiers
I really feel like this is likely one of the few French pastry recipes that’s truly foolproof. Actually, you may’t mess these palmier cookies up. Right here’s tips on how to obtain buttery, flaky goodness:
- Preheat Oven, Put together Baking Sheets: Preheat the oven to 450 levels Fahrenheit and line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Add Sugar: Mud a clear floor with granulated and coarse sugar and place the puff pastry on prime. Mud with extra granulated sugar and calmly with the coarse sugar. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough simply till the sugar is pressed into it.
- Fold: Fold either side of the puff pastry in twice till they meet within the center. Sprinkle with extra sugar and fold in yet one more time, so the 2 sides contact.
- Lower: Use a pointy knife to chop the log into 24 slices, every about ¼ inch thick.
- Add to Baking Sheet: Place the cookies onto the baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between them.
- Bake: Bake for six minutes earlier than eradicating from the oven and flipping every cookie over and baking for 4-6 minutes longer, till deeply golden brown.
- Cool and Take pleasure in: Let cool fully earlier than serving.
Ideas and Methods
These are a number of easy methods to customise your palmiers simply to your liking. I do know you’ll love them as a lot as I do when you get a style of their flaky texture and candy, buttery taste!
- Regulate the Sweetness: Add further sugar as wanted. These cookies might be kind of candy, in line with your liking.
- Add Different Flavors: For added taste, strive mixing ½ teaspoon of floor cinnamon with the granulated sugar earlier than utilizing. You may also strive utilizing brown sugar as an alternative of white sugar.
- Verify if Finished: Palmiers must be fairly darkish in coloration when they’re completed baking. The sugar melts and caramelizes as they cook dinner, so it offers the cookies that darkish brown coloration with out them being burnt.
- Make Them Savory: Make your palmiers savory by swapping out the sugar for parmesan cheese, roasted garlic and butter; or pesto sauce!
Though palmiers are finest eaten contemporary, you may retailer leftover cookies at room temperature in an hermetic container or wrapped in plastic wrap for 3-4 days.
Preheat the oven to 450 levels fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Mud a clear floor with granulated and coarse sugar and place the puff pastry on prime. Mud with extra granulated sugar and calmly with the coarse sugar. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough simply till the sugar is pressed into it.
Fold either side of the puff pastry in twice till they meet within the center. Sprinkle with extra sugar and fold in yet one more time, so the 2 sides contact.
Use a pointy knife to chop the log into 24 items, every about ¼ inch thick.
Place the cookies onto the baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between them.
Bake for six minutes earlier than eradicating from the oven and flipping every cookie over and baking for 4-6 minutes longer, till deeply golden brown.
Let cool fully earlier than serving.
Energy75kcal (4%)Carbohydrates9g (3%)Protein1g (2%)Fats4g (6%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.5gMonounsaturated Fats2gSodium25mg (1%)Potassium6mgFiber0.2g (1%)Sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A0.1IUCalcium1mgIron0.3mg (2%)
All dietary data is predicated on third get together calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.