This healthful Greek yogurt fruit tart comes along with a easy 3-ingredient crust, protein-packed Greek yogurt, and all of your favourite seasonal contemporary fruits. Naturally gluten free, this no-bake recipe comes collectively in minutes and is ideal for breakfast, brunch, or as a wholesome dessert.
Easy and calmly candy, this Greek yogurt fruit tart is certainly one of my favourite dishes to carry to any spring or summer season gathering when seasonal contemporary fruits are aplenty. With just some components, it’s hardly even a recipe… however I knew this refreshing magnificence deserved a everlasting dwelling on my web site. I do know you’ll recognize having this no-bake recipe in your apron pocket, too!
I initially printed this recipe in 2015, and make it usually once I need a mild and wholesome dessert. Sorry, chocolate cake.
Like a good simpler model of fruit pizza, in the present day’s Greek yogurt fruit tart is healthful and delightfully contemporary. Essentially the most troublesome half is reducing up the fruit, however when you use blueberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries, you skip that fully.
Actually, it doesn’t get simpler than this.
I really like together with this dessert on brunch menus as a result of it’s a gluten-free and egg-free possibility. It’s additionally unbelievable for bridal showers, child showers, particular household gatherings, or alongside different Mom’s Day recipes or Father’s Day recipes. However you don’t want a special day… get pleasure from a slice for breakfast or as a lighter dessert on a heat summer season night.
A real *anytime* deal with that you could additionally be ok with!
3 Elements to This Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart
They are saying that good issues are available 3s, and the stunning layers on this Greek yogurt fruit tart are not any exception.
- Date Nut Crust: Makes this a naturally gluten-free recipe.
- Creamy Greek Yogurt: Use your favourite taste.
- Assorted Fruit: Fairly AND tasty.
Straightforward 3-Ingredient Crust
Sure, you learn that appropriately. Simply 3 straightforward components—cashews, almonds, and Medjool dates—come collectively for the crust of this tart.
The recipe used to name for simply cashews and dates, and the crust was actually tasty, but it surely was very delicate and sticky. I actually just like the addition of almonds as a result of they add a little bit texture. The crust remains to be good and delicate, however isn’t as flimsy. Style testers agreed, so that you’ll see that replace within the recipe under.
Begin by soaking the pitted dates in heat water for about 10 minutes, then lower them in half earlier than processing with the nuts. Why soak the dates first? They’ll mix a lot simpler with the nuts.
Mix cashews, almonds, and the soaked and halved dates in a meals processor or blender, and pulse/mix till a moist “dough” varieties. Utilizing a spatula or the again of measuring cup, press the crust right into a lined 9-inch tart pan, ensuring to cowl the underside and up the perimeters. For those who don’t have a tart pan, use a 9-inch spherical cake pan or 9-inch pie dish.
Sure. Raisins or dried cranberries are a superb substitution.
Sure. For a nut-free crust, strive the shortbread crust from this lemon blueberry tart. Lengthen the bake time to 25 minutes. Or strive the pastry crust from this contemporary fruit tart or the graham cracker crust from this peanut butter cup tart. Comply with the baking directions for these crusts. Cool utterly earlier than including the yogurt and fruit.
Use Your Favourite Greek Yogurt
For the Greek yogurt filling, merely unfold your favourite taste into the crust. That’s actually it—no different components or fillers required. (It’s like this recipe retains getting easier as we go on, eh?!) I often use vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt as a result of it pairs properly with quite a lot of fruits. Strawberry yogurt could be unbelievable with sliced strawberries on prime. Plain Greek yogurt works for a much less candy possibility.
You want 1 cup of Greek yogurt to fill your no-bake tart shell. If you buy one of many bigger containers on the retailer, use the leftovers in these entire wheat pancakes or these Greek yogurt lemon bars. Or whip up some peanut butter Greek yogurt frosting to prime your chocolate banana muffins! 🙂
You can actually strive utilizing a plant-based yogurt as an alternative.
Add Your Fruit Toppings
In relation to the fruit topping, just about something goes. I like utilizing kiwi, mandarin oranges, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Be at liberty to make use of all or any of those toppings, or select your favourite number of contemporary fruits.
Get inventive with the fruit tart “artwork” on prime, and you need to use my fruit pizza as design inspiration. Or when you’re serving a crowd, go away the tart plain and let visitors add their very own fruit. Children love to assist with this.
Finicky fruits: I don’t suggest watermelon as a result of its excessive water content material, or frozen fruit due to the juices they launch when thawing. You need to use banana or apple slices, however they brown shortly. Brush them with a little bit lemon juice and serve the tart straight away.
For an non-compulsory shiny end, you’ll be able to brush the contemporary fruit with a mix of apricot preserves and water.
What to Serve With Your Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart
You don’t must serve this with anything if it’s for dessert (possibly some chocolate chips on prime?!). However when you’re serving this as a part of your brunch or breakfast menu, it rounds out properly with a breakfast casserole or quiche, or a batch of home made biscuits or croissants.
Extra Recent Fruit Recipes
For those who’re like me and search for any alternative to bake with seasonal contemporary fruits, listed here are just a few extra favorites:
No-Bake Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 0 minutes
Complete Time: 25 minutes
Yield: serves 8-10
Methodology: No Bake
It is a wholesome no-bake breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten-free 3-ingredient crust, protein-packed Greek yogurt, and loads of contemporary fruit.
- Spray the underside of a 9-inch tart pan, 9-inch cake pan, or 9-inch pie dish with nonstick spray. Line with parchment paper. (I often simply lower a parchment paper circle barely bigger than the pan.) The parchment prevents the crust from sticking to the pan, and the nonstick spray helps hold the parchment in place as you press within the crust.
- Soak the dates in heat water for 10 minutes. Drain them, after which lower in half earlier than utilizing.
- In a meals processor or blender, pulse the dates, cashews, and almonds collectively till a thick “dough” is fashioned and the nuts are all damaged up, as pictured above. The dough will probably be sticky. Press evenly into ready tart pan and partly up the perimeters.
- Unfold the yogurt on prime of the crust. Embellish with contemporary fruit. Combine collectively the non-compulsory preserves and water topping, and brush over fruit for a shiny end.
- Slice and serve instantly or cowl and refrigerate for as much as 1 day earlier than serving. Cowl and retailer leftover tart within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- Make Forward Directions: The crust may be made 1 day upfront. Cowl tightly and hold within the fridge till able to serve. Proceed with step 4.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): 9-Inch Tart Pan, 9-Inch Cake Pan, or 9-Inch Pie Dish | Meals Processor or Blender/Chopper | Pastry Brush
- Dates: As a substitute of dates, strive 1 and 1/2 cups (240g) raisins or dried cranberries.
- Nuts: As a substitute of cashews, you need to use walnuts or pistachios. You can additionally use all walnuts, as an alternative of almonds and cashews. I don’t suggest utilizing ALL cashews as a result of it makes for a really sticky, flimsy crust. You need some almonds (or different firmer nut) with the cashews. If desired, use salted nuts for a salty-sweet crust.
- Serving Dimension: 1 slice
- Energy: 239
- Sugar: 26.9 g
- Sodium: 8.4 mg
- Fats: 10.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.4 g
- Protein: 6.3 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 0.9 mg
Key phrases: wholesome greek yogurt fruit tart