This Ham Pasta Salad is loaded with pineapple and veggies. It’s a refreshing play on my favourite Hawaiian Pizza flavors (which isn’t really Hawaiian in any respect)!
A fast and simple home made pineapple dressing is tossed with pasta, ham, and bell peppers for a uniquely scrumptious facet dish!
It’s potluck excellent and makes an incredible facet dish or gentle meal.
A Recent and Flavorful Pasta Salad
If you’re searching for a pasta salad that’s a bit bit totally different, this ham pasta salad is it!
- Pasta – Use any medium formed pasta, farfalle, shells, and rotini are favorites.
- Add Ins: On this straightforward recipe, ham and pineapple are the celebrities, impressed by flavors on a Hawaiian pizza. Crimson peppers add crunch and coloration whereas inexperienced onions add taste.
- The dressing is a fast creamy pineapple dressing and it’s so good that I all the time double it for salads (it’s wonderful over strawberry spinach salad too).
This recipe is not a Hawaiian dish, and it’s not Hawaiian pasta salad like a Macaroni Salad discovered on a typical Hawaiian Plate Lunch. In a Hawaiian plate lunch, typically, macaroni salad is a tangy mixture of mayo & macaroni, typically with just a few different substances. You’ll find an incredible Hawaiian macaroni salad right here.
The Pineapple Dressing
You should utilize virtually any dressing on pasta salad. This recipe features a recent and zesty pineapple dressing. Making home made dressing is very fast and simple, and the flavour is significantly better than store-bought dressing.
- Mayonnaise and bitter cream are the creamy base
- Pineapple (and a little bit of cider vinegar) add tang and freshness
- Dijon and garlic powder add taste whereas honey balances out the dressing.
Suggestions for Pasta Salads
- Don’t overcook the pasta, it is going to soften because it soaks up the dressing.
- Add further dressing, as some shall be absorbed by the pasta.
- Pasta salad is greatest made not less than a few hours forward of time so the flavors have an opportunity to mix.
- Season the salad generously.
Excellent Pasta Salads
Did your loved ones love this Ham & Pineapple Pasta Salad? You’ll want to depart a ranking and a remark beneath!
Ham & Pineapple Pasta Salad
Ham and pineapple Pasta Salad is a fast and simple facet dish. Do-it-yourself pineapple dressing is tossed with pasta, ham, and bell peppers for a uniquely scrumptious salad!
In a big pot, prepare dinner the pasta in keeping with the package deal instructions. Drain the pasta and run it beneath chilly water to chill.
In a bowl, whisk collectively all dressing substances till easy.
In a big bowl, mix the cooled pasta, ham, pineapple, bell pepper, inexperienced onion, and dressing. Gently toss to mix.
Refrigerate the pasta salad for not less than 2 hours earlier than serving.
Customise the salad by including your favourite substances, comparable to cherry tomatoes, extra bell peppers, or cucumbers.
Don’t overcook the pasta, it is going to soften because it soaks up the dressing. Add further dressing, as some shall be absorbed by the pasta.
Energy: 241 | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 489mg | Potassium: 154mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 570IU | Vitamin C: 26.9mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.9mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.