The cucumber feta salad recipe is a cool and refreshing switchover from salad greens. Therefore, this colorfully crunchy salad is the right mix of sliced cucumbers and crimson onions, feta cheese, and contemporary herbs all blended in a tangy French dressing! This will likely be your summer time go-to salad that everybody will love!
Cucumber Feta Salad Recipe – A Contemporary Bowl of Goodness
- Summer season is the right time for refreshing non-lettuce salads like this cucumber feta salad.
- This simple recipe might be made as much as 3 days forward and is ideal for events or picnics.
- Cucumber feta salad is low-carb, low-calorie, and filled with taste.
- It’s versatile sufficient to go together with a elaborate steak dinner or just grilled burgers and fries.
Elements in Cucumber Feta Salad
This recipe has so many choices for variations, it’s like a brand new recipe each time!
Cucumbers – English cucumbers or mini cucumbers are perfect as they don’t should be peeled and the seeds are small. If utilizing discipline cucumbers, you may peel them and scrape out the seeds with a spoon when you’d like.
Onion – Purple onions gained’t overpower the salad, slice them thinly. For those who don’t have crimson, you should use white and even inexperienced onions.
Feta – Crumbled feta is nice on this salad. You possibly can swap in your favourite cheeses like mozzarella (bocconcini) or gorgonzola crumbles.
Dressing – Any mixture of oil and vinegar can be utilized on this recipe. Contemporary herbs are greatest; test the recipe notes for utilizing dried herbs. If time is brief, use a bottle of Greek French dressing dressing.
- Add kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, capers, and chopped mint for a Greek salad impressed dish.
How to Make Cucumber Feta Salad
- In a big bowl, combine the dressing elements (as per recipe under).
- Add the sliced cucumbers and onions. Toss to mix, cowl, and chill till able to serve.
- Stir and sprinkle with feta earlier than serving.
Storing Leftover Salad
- Preserve leftover cucumber feta salad in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- Drain the salad in a colander, stir, and refresh the seasonings earlier than serving.
Extra Salad Recipes
How to Prepare Cucumber Feta Salad
Cucumber Feta Salad is a cool and refreshing dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, dill, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Slice the cucumbers ¼-inch thick. If utilizing an English cucumber, lower the slices into quarters.
- Add the cucumbers and sliced onion to the bowl and toss to mix. Refrigerate for a minimum of half-hour or as much as 4 hours.
- Stir and sprinkle with feta cheese earlier than serving. Garnish with further herbs if desired.
Contemporary herbs add the perfect taste and are advisable on this salad.
For added taste, a small clove of minced garlic might be added to the dressing.
This salad might be made forward of time and saved within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
Energy: 177 | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 172mg | Potassium: 711mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 2mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.