This wealthy and decadent Crème Brûlée French Toast Casserole is a simple make-ahead breakfast or brunch entrée everybody will love!
It’s made in only a few minutes with staple substances and your favourite bread.
Crème Brûlée French Toast is a enjoyable twist on traditional French Toast that captures every thing you’re keen on about Crème Brûlée. This time, although, it’s in a easy make-ahead format that makes it good for Easter or Mom’s Day Brunch!
Slightly than spending time flipping particular person slices on the range prime such as you do with conventional French toast and Apple Fritter French Toast, you may bake it in a casserole dish, saving effort and time!
A wealthy, creamy custard soaks into thick slices of bread in a single day absorbing all the scrumptious taste. It’s toasted to perfection within the oven with a crunch brûlée layer that eliminates the necessity for butter and syrup!
I like breakfast and brunch recipes that may be ready prematurely in order that once I’m anticipating company within the morning, my kitchen is glowing clear with none effort!
Crème Brûlée French Toast Casserole
You may make it forward and bake it within the morning and wow family and friends with an indulgent, bistro price breakfast! And for extra of my favourite Straightforward Breakfast Concepts, head over to this unimaginable roundup!
- Butter – Salted or unsalted, your choice.
- Brown Sugar – Mild or darkish, your choice.
- Corn Syrup
- Bread – Challah, French or Brioche, stale bread is definitely most popular for this recipe as a result of it holds up higher to baking.
- Eggs – To make creamy custard.
- Heavy Cream – Half and Half or the heaviest milk you may have readily available can be used. Heavy cream supplies the richest taste with most luxurious texture.
- Vanilla – Vanilla extract provides a touch of taste. You should use almond extract, orange extract, bourbon, brandy, rum or further Grand Marnier when you choose.
- Grand Marnier – Orange flavored liqueur. Remove or use orange juice in lieu.
It’s truly finest for this recipe in case your bread is a bit stale. Whereas it’s not crucial for the outcomes of this recipe, you’ll be happier with the end when you use barely stale bread!
A powerful, heavier bread is essential for an in a single day French toast casserole like this one. That’s the opposite cause we like to make use of a barely stale bread – it holds up higher to the custard because it soaks in a single day.
Learn how to Retailer
- At Room Temperature – This casserole can sit out at room temperature for as much as two hours whereas serving.
- Refrigerate – Refrigerate this Crème Brûlée French toast casserole for as much as three days. Retailer in an hermetic container.
- Freeze – You’ll be able to freeze this casserole for as much as three months. Wrap tightly to forestall freezer burn and reheat as directed beneath.
- Leftover Crème Brûlée French toast casserole reheats fairly nicely. You’ll be able to reheat within the microwave (use 30 second increments so that you don’t overheat).
- Or, for higher outcomes, reheat within the oven. Bake by means of till heat at 350° F, coated, so the perimeters don’t get too brown. Begin with 10-Quarter-hour for warming by means of!
- Gluten Free – Use gluten free bread.
- Dairy Free – Use a dairy substitute like almond milk.
- Nut Free – Naturally nut free.
Crème Brûlée French Toast
Crème Brûlée French Toast casserole is without doubt one of the best brunch recipes! This make-ahead dish is made with only a few staple substances and comes collectively in minutes. Like Crème Brûlée it is wealthy and custardy within the middle and topped with crunchy caramel taste.
Stop your display screen from going darkish
In a small saucepan, soften butter over medium warmth. Add brown sugar and corn syrup whisking till easy. Pour combination right into a greased 9×13″ pan.
Place bread slices tightly in baking dish.
In a medium mixing bowl or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, mix eggs, half and half, vanilla and Grand Marnier. Pour evenly over bread.
Cowl and refrigerate 6+ hours or in a single day.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Convey baking dish to room temperature to keep away from cracking.
Bake uncovered 35 minutes. Flip to serve or broil.
- Marinate a minimum of 6 hours to take in all of the custard.
- Use a broil protected dish.
Learn how to RetailerRetailer in an hermetic container or coated casserole dish as much as 2 days. Heat to serve.
Energy: 373kcal (19%), Carbohydrates: 51g (17%), Protein: 9g (18%), Fats: 15g (23%), Saturated Fats: 8g (40%), Trans Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 100mg (33%), Sodium: 408mg (17%), Potassium: 196mg (6%), Fiber: 2g (8%), Sugar: 25g (28%), Vitamin A: 444IU (9%), Vitamin C: 1mg (1%), Calcium: 138mg (14%), Iron: 2mg (11%)
Estimated diet info is offered as a courtesy and isn’t assured.