This creamy, scrumptious artichoke dip is sizzling and tacky baked with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese topped with golden breadcrumbs. Good appetizer with baked chips!
This wholesome Artichoke Dip tastes something however mild. It’s tacky, creamy, and oh, so good. I make it lighter by swapping out among the mayo for Greek yogurt and it’s at all times a success. Really easy to make, and you’ll simply prep this forward for a celebration. Serve it sizzling straight from the oven with baked pita or tortilla chips. For extra scrumptious dip recipes, strive my Scorching Spinach Artichoke Dip, Scorching and Tacky Crab and Artichoke Dip, and Scorching Spinach Dip.
And for a little bit historical past on artichokes, do you know they’re one of many oldest meals recognized to people? Historic Greeks and Romans thought-about artichokes a delicacy and an aphrodisiac, and girls had been even banned from consuming them within the sixteenth century. Effectively, it’s the twenty first century, so ladies, get pleasure from!
What’s artichoke dip made from?
- Artichokes: Drain one can of artichoke hearts (not marinated artichoke hearts)
- Shallots: Chop two tablespoons of shallots.
- Greek Yogurt: I used fat-free Greek yogurt for a creamy texture with fewer energy.
- Mayonnaise: Most recipes name for a cup mayonnaise, right here I exploit a lot much less and use mild mayo as an alternative.
- Cheese: Parmigiano Reggiano and part-skim mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Breadcrumbs: When you don’t have complete wheat breadcrumbs, common will work.
The right way to Make Artichoke Dip
- Meals Processor: Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts and shallots in a small meals processor.
- Mix all of the substances aside from the breadcrumbs in a medium mixing bowl. Pour the artichoke combination right into a dish and prime with breadcrumbs. I baked mine in these lovely Le Creuset stoneware petite au gratin dishes, however any smaller ovenproof dish will work.
- Bake the dip in ready baking dish at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes till sizzling, and the cheese is melted.
- Mircrowave: You too can microwave it partially lined about 3 minutes or till sizzling and melted, with out the breadcrumbs.
What do you eat artichoke dip with?
I prefer to serve this creamy dip with baked tortilla or pita chips, pretzels, crostini, baguette slices, toasted bitter dough or pita wedges. It’s additionally good with any crackers, or for a lighter possibility, use veggies like celery, bell pepper and/or carrots.
Can I make artichoke dip the day earlier than?
This simple artichoke dip is nice to make forward if you happen to’re serving it at a celebration. When you’re feeding a crowd, double or triple the recipe and bake it in a bigger dish.
You can also make it in the future prematurely with out the breadcrumbs and retailer it within the fridge. The following day, add the breadcrumbs and bake. You possibly can both set it out on the counter half-hour earlier than baking to return to room temperature or bake it for an additional 5 minutes till heated by means of.
Variations and Ideas
- Mayo: I believe the mayonnaise improves the feel and taste of this artichoke dip. Nevertheless, if you happen to’re actually not a fan, you may swap it for mild bitter cream, cream cheese or extra Greek yogurt.
- Shallots: Substitute purple onion for shallots and/or garlic.
- Cheese: Swap Parmesan cheese for pecorino romano.
- Leftovers will be refrigerated as much as 4 days.
Extra Artichoke Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 10 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 /4 cup
Preheat oven to 400F.
In a small meals processor, coarsely chop the artichoke hearts with the shallots.
Mix artichokes, yogurt, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Place in an oven-proof dish and prime with breadcrumbs.
Calmly spray the crumbs with olive oil then bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes, till sizzling and cheese is melted.
Please go away a score and remark letting us know the way you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
Serving: 1 /4 cup, Energy: 73.7 kcal, Carbohydrates: 4.8 g, Protein: 4.5 g, Fats: 4 g, Fiber: 0.7 g